Best Therapist Directory:
* These online tests do not replace in any way a formal psychiatric evaluation or for diagnosing and are for reference and educational purposes only.
Post Partum Support:
PSI Online Support Meetings | Postpartum Support International (PSI)
Local Suicide Hotline with PEMHS: 727-791-3131
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Housing and Homelessness:
Alcohol, Addiction, and Eating Disorders:
Resources for Mental Health Professionals:
FREE support groups and education for individuals with mental illness and for their families:
NAMI—National Alliance on Mental Illness—is the largest advocacy organization in the country for those living with mental illness. It began in the 1970’s as a grassroots organization with a small group of mothers who got together to help each other adjust to the challenges of caring for their adult children with mental illnesses. This small group of “NAMI Mommies” grew into a respected national organization with more than 1100 affiliates throughout the country! Our mission is to provide education, support, and advocacy for our individuals and families affected by mental illness. The vast majority of our work is done by volunteers. This allows those who need help and support from NAMI to get that help without payment. We believe cost should not be a barrier that interferes with access to education and support from others who have “lived” experiences.
SAM App- help you to understand what causes your anxiety, monitor your anxious thoughts and behavior over time and manage your anxiety through self-help exercises and private reflection.
Ten Percent Happier- meditation app. Great options!
Recovery Road- increase mindful eating, manage and cope better with disordered eating habits; helps people with eating disorders by allowing them to create healthy meal plans, monitor their urges to binge, and create long-term management systems
Relax Melodies- zen sounds, white noise, for meditation
Calm or Headspace App- simple mindfulness meditation, guided (my favorites!)
MindBody- easily find and book fitness classes and services near you; everything from yoga, crossfit, and group classes to salon and massage appointments.
- Gulfcoast Behavioral Health. 1938 so Road Clearwater Florida. Both psych ARNP: Christina Ramos or Jackie Harrison.
Advantage Mental Health Center
- Dr. Michelle Scargle
Gulfcoast Behavioral Health. Advantage Mental Health (they are private pay OR out of network for a number of insurance companies that are listed on their website)
- Dr. Syed K. Zaidi, MD. Psychiatrist. 6580 72nd Ave North. Pinellas Park FL. P: 727-440-5612. Medication management, outpatient service, mental health or substance abuse.
- Sharon Krieger ARNP (works w/Ron Lopez) 727-231-6257
- Dr. Mariana Delgado 727-799-7530 office number 802 2nd street Ste B safety harbor
- Dr. Griffith Walter- physiatrist. 5565 Dr. MLK St Pete. 727-577-1203
Community & Family Solutions: Medication Management, counseling, case management. 3831 Tyrone Blvd #101 St. Petersburg FL. 727-265-2888. www.communityandfamilysolutions.com
Local Primary Care Doctors
- Beth Anlas, PCP
- Jose Santana, Bindu Thomas